Wednesday 1 June 2011

Sneak Peak

So I guess to start this blog, everyone should know a bit about me, this is a little sneak peak of what's to come! I've got an obsession with quotes and sayings, so most of my posts will start with the one that I feel is most appropriate. So here goes...
 I was once scared of people saying, "who does she think she is?"
now I have the courage stand and say,
"this is who I am"

I’m currently studying Event Management at University. It’s a passion I’ve had since I was about 14. While everyone thought it was a phase and I’d change my mind on what I wanted to do as I grow up, I didn’t. I look all my GCSE’s and A-levels around this subject and my dream was finally fulfilled in August 2010 when I found out I had a place at my first choice University.
Since then, I’ve grown up so much, which is something that obviously comes with living alone for the first time. I’ve learnt to appreciate the people around me and the things they do for me, as well as how fortunate I am in my life.
In March 2010, after almost two years of job hunting, I decided to set myself up as an Avon representative. More than a year on, I can easily say it’s the best thing I’ve ever done. Cosmetics are another of my passions so I love my job, and am extremely proud of Avon as a company. I’ve appeared in national and local newspapers about my business, as well as recently filming a training promotional video with celeb make-up artists PixiWoo which was an amazing opportunity to be given.
My other biggest love is for holidays. Everyone would say that, but I genuinely mean it! I’ve been so lucky in my life to be spoilt with lovely holidays and I treasure every single one. There are so many parts of the world I’d love to see, and many places I want to return to. If I had to list everything else that I love in my life, I’d literally be here forever, but family, friends and music play a huge part in this so they deserve a mention.
I suppose the main reason I started this blog is because I think people should learn to get to know me before they judge me. I’m always seen as the ditzy blonde that parties too much and that no one takes seriously. Not many people take the chance to find out the real me and see what’s under the bubbly personality and blonde hair. Looks can be deceiving and first impressions aren't always right...

1 comment: